Monday, August 27, 2012

20 Years at HP

My career at HP spanned 20 years: 20 April 1992 through 31 August 2012.

Really? How did I end up spending that long in that place?

It certainly wasn't my goal when I joined HP in 1992. I had just been founding President of Acumen, Inc., and had been in three other start-up organizations before that. But the thought of having a stable job in a big company for a few years sounded really good. We had a young family to raise.

Now, 20 years later, the thought of "retiring" from HP and starting another career teaching at Oregon State University sounds really good. That's where my next career begins in September - teaching BA 590 (New Product Development/Marketing Management) in the OSU College of Business MBA program.

My final month at HP has provided a good opportunity to look back over the past 20 years and post some thoughts about how I spent my time and why.

To get started, click this: HP Timeline 1992-2012. The blog archive on the right side of the page can be expanded to view all of the posts.

Wow! 20 years at HP!

No comments:

Post a Comment